The aim of this study was to analyse changes in peripheral oxygenation in healthy term neonates within the first week of life with near-infrared spectroscopy and venous occlusion. Oxygen delivery did not change with increasing age. Oxygen consumption and fractional oxygen extraction increased, whereas tissue oxygenation index decreased with increasing age.
- DO2, oxygen delivery
- FOE, fractional oxygen extraction
- Hbflow, haemoglobin flow
- MAP, mean arterial pressure
- NIRS, near-infrared spectroscopy
- SaO2, oxygen saturation (haemoglobin)
- SvO2, mixed venous oxygenation
- TOI, tissue oxygenation index
- VO2, oxygen consumption
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Competing interests: None declared.