Twenty four preterm infants (< 27 weeks gestation) were randomised to resuscitation with an anaesthetic rebreathing circuit or a ventilator with volume guarantee. There was no difference in weight or gestation between the groups. End expiratory pressures were higher and less variable with the ventilator. This pilot study shows that very preterm infants can be safely and effectively resuscitated using a ventilator.
- CRIB, clinical risk index for babies
- DB, Dräger Babylog 8000plus
- eVt, expiratory tidal volume
- GA, gestational age
- PEEP, positive end expiratory pressure
- PIP, peak inspiratory pressure
- SC, standard anaesthetic rebreathing circuit
- randomised trial
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.